• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Meager Long Beach Purchases

7 posts in this topic

Kind of a slow show for me, just three coins:

1544Prussia1G.jpg

A groschen from Albert in the Guise of Duke of Prussia, somewhat tougher than his issues as Margrave of Brandenburg. Just a neat coin, nice hard patina with a pleasing original look. I do like coins dated in the 1500s that don't look like scraps of metal.

1675WurtemburgOels15k.jpg

A 15 kreuzer from Wurtemburg-Oels. Kind of neat as I also have a 3k with the same design. Big planchet flaws on both sides but they don't really distract for me as they're not on the portrait. Mint state with nice luster and some rim toning. I hope he escapes the dreaded "Planchet Flaw" bodybag.

1976CGermany50p.jpg

Last but not least a 50 pfenning for my Kaiserreich minor type set. One of the toughest types in the series, far less common than the 1/2 marks - especially in high grade. Hopefully the shmutz will come off cleanly, otherwise its a gem coin.

That's it!

Kind of a slow show for me, just three coins:

Getting tired of coming across the same stuff?

I love the toning of the first and the luster of the third.I hope it doesn't disappear after the bath. makepoint.gif

Hoot, that was a great post. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the replies!

Just three and none terribly unusualy, but I do like each and every one.