• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago International Coin Fair

9 posts in this topic

Regarding the show, if you're looking for foreign, this is the show to go. The only things that I should caution is the cost of parking ($10) and admission ($5) - so you may want to bring some extra cash for those expenses. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Possible - but it is a show that caters to foreign and Ancient coins - I always enjoy that show because you can actually "fondle" the coins and there's usually no glare for the plastic - It reminds me of how we looked at coin for the first 36 years that I collected coins. wink.gif

Aren't Pandas a bullion coin?

You forgot tolls frown.gif

Thanks for the info. Are Pandas really what you'd think of for a "Foriegn" show or are they too mainstream for something like this?

Oh...I did not factor the tolls (80c unless you have I-Pass).

Anybody here have experience at that show (it's coming up the end or March). My current are of interest is Chinese Pandas. Would this be a good place to see some?

Are you looking for silver Pandas or the gold ones?

Are you looking for silver Pandas or the gold ones?

Silver, Right now I'm not independently wealthy and it's about the only set I can afford to collect and actually try to complete. It'sd fun though because there are a number of varieties of BU silver pandas that are tough to all track down. There are also several commemerative's issued each year.

Well, I do know a dealer in the Moline/Rock Island, IL area who has silver Pandas at reasonable prices - ACE Coins. Call (309) 797-5066 and ask for Don, the owner. He can help you find what you're looking for.