• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PCGS to NCS to NGC?

2 posts in this topic

I resently sent in my Mexican gold 1947 50 Peso (PCGS MS69) to NGC for cross over, but it was returned with the comments "Heavy Residue". frown.gif Not sure what that means in technical terms but I could not see anything on the coin, looks just like many other 50 Pesos I have seen. I admit however that my eye sight is not as good as it used to be.

"Heavy Residue" sounds quite ominous. Is this the type of thing I could send to NCS to conserve, then have NCS forward to NGC for cross over? Would it still be considered a cross over after NCS? Does the fact that it has been conserved automatically prevent it from cross over? I guess my bottom line question is that if I send it to NCS to conserve is it pretty certain I have no chance for it to cross over from PCGS MS69 to NGC MS69 because of the conservation work?. Am I better off just leaving it alone? Thanks.

Assuming that these residues are not hiding further defects on the surface of your coin, these residues will be conserved and then graded by NGC. Your coin will be graded raw after the conservation. Before the conservation takes place, your coin will be evaluated. Part of the evaluation is to insure that your coin will at least grade the same level as the current holder states. If the evaluators feel the residue is hiding contact marks, for example, that may prevent it from grading MS69 after the conservation, we will not conserve your coin. If you wish to have your coin conserved regardless of grade, there is an option on the NCS form for this.

Chris, NCS