• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stole this sucker. Early Byzantine

10 posts in this topic

A coin of Anastasius I. I'll have to get the coin in hand to find out the exact year, but it is roughly 500 AD. Paid $18.00 for it, most likely due ot the bad pics that were used to sell it, those are the ones seen in this image. I messed with the image a bit, enlarged it, adjusted the contrast, clarified it and discovered it is SB 20, the rarer variety with a star on the bust's shoulder. These coins are typically very crude, but this one has good bust detail along with a detailed star on the shoulder. I've already been offered $100.00 for it, but will keep it.

1110272-sb19.jpg

1110272-sb19.jpg.f13f50a639381baa8605c0a3ea552a3d.jpg

Byzantine man strikes again! thumbsup2.gif

Great knowing that coinage (or any coinage) so well. You'll add your pics when you get the coin?

Hoot

Who and how do you get offers so fast after purchasing a coin?

There is this incredible new invention called "the internet". gossip.gif Have you heard about the horseless carriage yet? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Who and how do you get offers so fast after purchasing a coin?

There is this incredible new invention called "the internet". gossip.gif Have you heard about the horseless carriage yet? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How does "the internet" know about your very recent coin purchases?

Believe it or not, with part of this "internet", you can actually send an e-mail, AROUND THE GLOBE in a matter of SECONDS! And I'm not joking! Its true!

Wow! 893whatthe.gif

insane.gif

1110272-sb19.jpg

Got this coin in today. I didn't notice a tiny hole. You can see it to the right of the M, just above the star. The hole is as old as the coin, because the patina covers its interior. Not big enough to effect the value, but it makes me wonder why some owner in ancient times wanted to hole it. I thought perhaps to carry his money on some type of ancient "key ring". 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You roam these forums like a little waterhead kid lost in the supermarket. You don't collect coins or comics. Just what do you collect that justifies your presence? Strikes?