• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone KNOW how they DO it?

68 posts in this topic

Hows the lighting on the PMM? I think they could have reflected more light off the crack to make it look more spectacular.Agree???

http://www.myweb.cableone.net/stackgenerator/2000S25cMAsilverProofDieCrack.jpg

Very professional image there thumbsup2.gif

So that's what a PMM is!!!! Dang!!!!!

Omigod, Billy, don't get him started again.

Great pictures.outstanding! I also use a digital SLR and a copy stand, and the results are nearly comparable. Are you cropping down to the coin rim, and if so, what program are you using, and are there any tricks to this process? I use Photoshop for any editing, think that will work. Thanks in advance, and great pictures. 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

1168363-DSC_0155.JPG.ad9c634836dec4461f5ace322a70bfe8.JPG

The picture was taken hand held with 105mm micro Nikkor, and a ring flash with the flash mounted in the hot shoe rather than the lens end. Other pictures are on my website.

I use my Nikon digital SLR with my ring flash mounted in the camera's hot shoe, rather than at the lens end. Different angles are used, and different rotations of the light element, and since it's digital, no problemo to delete and shoot another.

1168378-DSC_0155.JPG.1e7f1a75ab2b6a1859156b28d3d9edbb.JPG