• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To avoid any possible confusion about my user name

19 posts in this topic

I occasionally post here under my name, Mark Feld.

But, I post on the PCGS forum under the name "coinguy1", though my real name also appears at the bottom of my messages.

There is a new poster here, using the name "coinguy1" and I want to be sure that people know he and I are not one and the same.

Welcome "coinguy1" from "coinguy1" on the PCGS forum and Mark Feld on this forum. confused.gif

Wait a secondddddddddd! How do we know you are REALLY Mark Feld? Hmmmmmm? Maybe you're really Coinguy1 trying to be Mark Feld? Hmmmmmmmm? Maybe Mark Feld was captured by the PCGS forum and is being held prisoner. Only Mark Feld would know who Mark Feld is. So Coinguy1 is Mark Feld, but Mark Feld is not Coinguy1, but Mark Feld is supposed to be Mark Feld and not Coinguy1, but really Mark Feld is Coinguy1? 893frustrated.gifinsane.gif

TRUTH

We can bash both of 'em and see which one can stand up to the unprovoked attacks...

Steve

That's what we need here, more guys who can think on their feet. Welcome aboard.

To be a fair test though, we'll need some way to equalize the bashing. We wouldn't want to bash Coinguy1 more than Coingu xxx... er, ah Markfeld or whoever.

Let's just welcome CoinGuy1 over here and forget about MarkFeld like he did with these forums. shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

Posts per day here: .76

Posts per day there: 7.45

I just don't get it. Some people spend there time there even though they get attacked frequently and there is practically zero content to learn from.

Maybe some people get a kick out of reading posts on how many registry set points a 2001-P 1¢ in PCGS MS68RD gets or they like reading about what a scumbag they are because they have a differing opinion?

Truth - well, I certainly appreciate the way you cleared up any and all confusion!

Steve - a great idea and a fine way to cover all bases.

Greg - I did not forget about this forum and, as far as I know, as long as I and other posters abide by the forum rules, we are free to post as frequently or (in my case) as infrequently as we choose. However, I do thank you for letting me know that if I'm not careful, my average post per day here might reach a whole number.

You seem perplexed as to why some of us post over there.You did and I do. I enjoy it and have had very few skirmishes with other forum members. I think it's usually (though not always) a matter of attitude.

Finally, the "test" post was done on my behalf by someone at NGC as, my account showed that I was logged in, but, for some reason, I was not able to post or reply to posts. I wondered for a second, whether you were responsible. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Greg - I did not forget about this forum and, as far as I know, as long as I and other posters abide by the forum rules, we are free to post as frequently or (in my case) as infrequently as we choose. However, I do thank you for letting me know that if I'm not careful, my average post per day here might reach a whole number.

You seem perplexed as to why some of us post over there.You did and I do. I enjoy it and have had very few skirmishes with other forum members. I think it's usually (though not always) a matter of attitude.

Finally, the "test" post was done on my behalf by someone at NGC as, my account showed that I was logged in, but, for some reason, I was not able to post or reply to posts. I wondered for a second, whether you were responsible. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Mark, we are trying to change the rules so that every registered forum member must make at least two meaningful posts per day. smirk.gifsmirk.gifsmirk.gif

I do wonder why a lot of dealers continue to post over there, yet stay away from here. I've seen quite a few drop in over there without a clue and get run off. No matter what they do, they are the devil and are trying to screw collectors. Then there are a few that seem to do it only to promote their business and they are not subtle about it at all. Then there are others, like you, Laura, and a few others that don't openly promote their business, yet take a lot of heat for their opinions. If Joe Collector posted the exact same thing the forum members wouldn't get so fired up, but a dealer posts it and they must have some sort of ulterior motives. It wasn't always like that over there. Those forums were around a LONG time before a swift change in the overall attitude of the members. Dealers used to post to RCC and most finally got run off. The same will eventually happed across the street.

I don't follow those forums much, especially the registry forum, but the last two times I popped in I saw people going after you pretty hard. Laura continues to post over there, yet people seem to attack her non-stop.

I noticed that you registered over there first, but the first time I personally noticed your posts was over here. You seemed to post here a fair amount and then all of a sudden moved across the street. Hey, whatever you are happy with.

As for the test post, I'd never lock you out of these forums. I value your opinions. Always well thought out and never self-serving. When I do scan the forums across the street, I actually read your posts. Can't say the same for 98% of the other posters.

Oh well, gotta go list some coins for sale in the registry forum. That's OK, right? grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Greg, you have really thrown me for a loop now - just when I start to think you might have lost it, you get back to making sense.

There, does that qualify as a meaningful post from me? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There, does that qualify as a meaningful post from me? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes, but we're docking you 3 meaningful posts for that "test post" in the coin forum instead of the test forum. Sorry that you didn't actually make it, but your name was on it. Please pay the 3 meaningful posts "fine" before leaving. Thanks! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

goodevil.gif

TomB -- Mark helped fill an important gap in my type set with an originally toned 1838 no drapery quarter. It was really cool, because I saw the coin on the Pinnacle web site a few days before a trip to Seattle, so I was able to hook up with them in Seattle and see the coin in person before completing the transaction. I met Mark's colleague Scott Schechter who is both knowledgable and full of enthusiasm.

Very nice. I saw an image of that coin, I believe, and it looked completely original and had eye appeal. Thanks.

PS: Could you tell that I really like the new emoticons they have on the site?

You've started a trend here Mr Feld. Before you know it we'll have Coinguy2,3,4....

Gosh, I hope all of the coinguys aren't exact clones! insane.gif

We all know you're the original. smile.gif