• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whitman toned Lincolns

9 posts in this topic

Mike,

I've seen a lot of these slabbed, or at least ones with similar colors. Usually, they merit the RB designation, depending on how much Red is left, or might get knocked down to BN if there is little original color.

Keith, I have no intention of taking them out of the album, 95% of the coins I own are not slabbed. The question about if they would AT them was strictly theoretical. It will be interesting to see what happens to them over the years. Even slabbed they are common date memorial cents worth virtually nothing.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Some albums are not kind to the brass-plated zinc cents. Your 1984 looks as though it may be on its way to becoming a "no grade" coin. As a person who collects coin albums, I've acquired a number of Lincoln sets where the zinc cents were so badly corroded that they weren't even spendable. You can reduce the hazard by keeping your album in a climate controlled environment, but the longterm prognosis for the post-1982 cents kept in albums is not good. frown.gif