• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1946 d Quarter DDR

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I purchased a 1946 D Quarter that was Graded by NTC. I looked at the Mint mark and it looks Doubled. I have sent the coin in to be graded by NGC ,but have not hear from them yet. I looked in the Red Book to see what was the value of a 1946 D DDR , but it is not listed. Does anyone know of this Quarter and how do you get a coin listed in the Red Book?

Sincerely,

Chrisafd

Hi Chrisafd: First let me say Welcome Aboard! A lot of knowledgable and friendly collectors frequent this board and we hope you will visit us often.

I'm not too sure of what your asking. You mention DDR which stands for doubled die reverse while at the same time talk about the mint mark being doubled. If the mint mark is doubled that is a re-punched mint mark (RPM) and not a DDR. Or -- are you talking about a DDR?? Both are two different varieties. Please clarify. Then from there we can try to help out. Also pics really help too.

Repunched mintmarks (RPM) are quite a bit more common than doubled die reverses (DDR) and generally command little, if any, premium.

A repunched mintmark on a 1940s era quarter is a common occurrence. These generally have much more of a "neato" premium than a financial premium.

Oh, and welcome to our friendly little neighborhood!

James