• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

INB certified and slabbed coins...how accurate?

11 posts in this topic

I've never heard of them, do you have a link? In truth, it sounds like a "custom" slabbing shop that will sell you coins at far above their value.

I've bought from them before, their grading companies are full of it. I bought some nickels supposedly graded MS70, but they were considerably scratched up. That was from PGS. I've never heard of INB though...

NB had very good customer service, they promptly corrected a different problem I had had.

I havent heard of them before. I stick to the big four, and primarily NGC as a first choice, followed by PCGS, ANACS, and IGC in that order. That said, buy the coin, not the holder...if the coin is what you want, buy it at what you determine to be a fair price...you can always have the coind certified elsewhere if its really important to you. In the grand scheme of things, I only see having a certified coin when resale value is a factor in the original purchase. I have coins that I think of as a commodity, which would sell any day for the right profit. Other coins, that have been handed down from generations in my family will never leave my grasp for any amount of money, therefore slabbing them would server little purpose to me.

As with all things, caveat empor!

Geeze -- this is another one that I have never heard of before. Dang -- there all over the place! I use 3 -- NGC, ANACS, PCGS. I luv to look at PCI slabs at shows -- there great for cherrypickin varieties cause they can't attribute correctly.

Well, Hello!

I just bought a few lots of bulk coins, but nothing graded so from from INB. I have the same question. Who is INB? Some individual who works in his own basement,and grades his own coins without any accuracy? I am still tempted to buy a few of INB's slabs just to check them out, or have them re-graded by the likes of NGC, PGCS, etc. Here is the URL to INB's eBay site. The deals are just way too good to be true. Most people winning are getting 19K worth of catalog value for only about $56.00.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=numismaticbureau&&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&sspagename=VIP:feedback:2:us&iid=220129729485

Good Hunting

I sell and buy a lot on ebay and the first thing I look at is their feedback rating. This company doesn't have a good feedback rating in my opinion. 1046 negatives just makes me say thanks but no thanks! Your taking a chance!

Oh yeah that's not including the neutrals, 842 in the last twelve months. These are usually unhappy people, happy people leave positive.

INB is a joke, sent slab with ms 70 on slab. My pocket Change was in better shape. Also lists found jar of old coins, also a joke, How many jars of old coins can you find. Stay away from this clown in minnesota. I filed a police report of fraud on this Guy. People like him make reputable coin grading services look bad. As I read earlier..Stay with the top 4 graders. NGC is my favorite. Oh by the wat the slabs are not sealed so you can substitute any coin in the holder. Junk, Junk,Junk