• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PayPal's Verified vs. Confirmed Address

2 posts in this topic

sign-rantpost.gif

I was looking at a nice coin on e-Bay. I was going to bid; however, the seller option of payment that included PayPal stated that they would ONLY accept a Verified PayPal customer and Confirmed address.

While I understand, and commend them for using the confirmed shipping address process, as I believe it helps protect me (and them) from fraudulent purchases, I do not understand the Verified Customer process.

Part of the Verified Process has PayPal interact with my banking account.

1.) Being a victim of identify theft;

2.) Being that PayPal has had their security breached,

3.) Being that PayPal is not third party accredited certified to an international information technology security standard;

I’m not going to bid on this coin no matter how much I like it, because I’m not going to utilize the other payment methods.

I’m only posting here because I know a few of you have e-Bay auctions and feel as though there are people out here who will not do business with anyone that, in our opinion, puts our personal identity information at risk. It is my opinion, as the points mentioned above, that the PayPal verification process does that.

By the way, when ever I run across a bid that has the PayPal Verified restriction, I e-mail them in an attempt to educate them that they could be loosing a potential (and possible high bidder) customer.

Give them what they want but keep it separate from your personal day to day financials.

Set up a CC and a bank account just for Paypal.

Keep the funds drained to a level you can afford to have tied up if a problem comes your way. smile.gif