• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FSH NGC MS70 Baseball and basketball Halves

5 posts in this topic

Sorry, but $325 is a totally unrealistic expectation. Each of these can be had routinely on either eBay or Teletrade for between $55 and $100. In the three years or so I've monitored sale prices on both sites, here are the ranges I've observed (Teletrade contributions to these numbers include commission):

1995-S Olympics (Baseball) 50c NGC MS70 ..... $51 - $153.87

1995-S Olympics (Basketball) 50c MS70 ..... $53.88 - $150

A price of $325 is more than double the highest sale I've ever seen for either coin, and prices have declined from their highs because of increasing populations, which stand as follows:

1995-S Olympics (Baseball) 50c NGC MS70 ..... (142 graded)

1995-S Olympics (Basketball) 50c MS70 ..... (287 graded)

You can see these populations on the NGC web site here.

I'm really uncomfortable when I see "for sale" posts on this site where the asking price exceeds reality by such a large margin. It insults the intelligence of the regular contributors who make these Message Boards the outstanding community and numismatic resource they are.

Beijim

I'm really uncomfortable when I see "for sale" posts on this site where the asking price exceeds reality by such a large margin. It insults the intelligence of the regular contributors who make these Message Boards the outstanding community and numismatic resource they are.

Beijim

First off who cares what you think, but then again thanks for pointing out my mistake that was surposed to be for both combined. Sorry to offend the the regular contributors I forgot that I'm just an adverage collector not in the proper standing here.

that was surposed to be for both combined

Fine. My post stands. $325 for both coins, even including shipping and insurance, exceeds the fair market value of these coins by a large margin. Try selling them on eBay for that amount.

Beijim