• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worth Anything or just a junk coin?

11 posts in this topic

Well I know it is not total junk, but I would like to know if there is any market for these at all? It is a 1961 25 Centavos in a very high grade... I am not going to attempt to put a grade on it as I really would not know where to start... Thanks in Advance.... As a side note the toning on this coin is quite nice... its not a monster but it looks pretty on it smile.gif

19611.jpg

196121.jpg

Yes, there is a market for these. I've gold a few slabbed and they do OK if gem grade or higher.
So this is not even close to Gem in your opinion? Thanks in Advance...

Hard to tell from a picture. These usually have hits on the face and scuffs in the fields. From the picture, I'd guess the coin is MS65 or MS66, but that's just going off a picture.

This one has niether of the above mentioned.... Luster is fairly nice... Thanks for the help as Darkside material is far from my specialty... I plan to get more into the darkside this year... I am seeing the great bargins out there on darkside stuff....

I plan to get more into the darkside this year... I am seeing the great bargins out there on darkside stuff....

Get a couple of Krause catalogs and look thru them and figure out what you like BEFORE you start buying. Otherwise you'll be overwhelmed with choices and you'll be buying everything that looks neat and have no set collection - I know.....

I plan to get more into the darkside this year... I am seeing the great bargins out there on darkside stuff....

Get a couple of Krause catalogs and look thru them and figure out what you like BEFORE you start buying. Otherwise you'll be overwhelmed with choices and you'll be buying everything that looks neat and have no set collection - I know.....

I have my Krause books... but they have fallen that fate of the safe.... which is jammed... so therefore I am not able to use them right now... I will browse and take a look and see what interest me...