• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First submission questions

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am preparing my first shipment to NGC and have a couple of questions. I searched the forum and read the FAQ's on the website and didn't see an answer for them, so please forgive me as I'm sure you've been asked these questions numerous times:

1) I am planning on sending in approximately 50 proof silver eagles for grading. I plan on leaving them in the plastic capsules (I am aware of the $1 fee to remove them).

The submission form says to submit all coins in large plastic flips. Do I need to put the eagles (in their capsules) in separate plastic flips or is this just for raw coins?

Also, I'm assuming that I do not need to send in the US Mint boxes and COAs. Is that correct?

2) I am also sending in 2 NGC graded coins to just be reholdered (one holder is cracked, and one is in an older style NGC holder and is pretty scuffed up but is otherwise undamaged).

I know that I need to put these on a separate invoice, but does each invoice and related coins to be graded need to be sent in a separate shipment to NGC, or can I put both invoices and coins together in one shipment to NGC?

Also do I need to put the holdered coins in plastic flips?

Thank you for your help!

Sean

Hi,

1) No need to worry about the flips, the capsules provide plenty of protection during shipment and we will place the coins in hard plastic flips after they are removed from the capsules. There is also no need to send in the U.S. mint paperwork or boxes.

2) You can always combine invoices in a shipment to us to save on shipping. If you would like them both shipped and returned at the same time, you can request that also, I would recommend a sticky note placed on each invoice to make it clear you want the two shipped together. The holdered coins need no flips, in fact, a rubber band around the two and the invoice might work best.

Thanks,