• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did anyone else get this at FUN?

12 posts in this topic

Well, I finally got around to mounting my souvenir medals that were given away at the registration desk, and I noticed that the aluminum medal with the 2005-P "Ocean in View" 5c in the center has a neat little die crack on the reverse of the nickel that extends to the rim between 9 & 10 o'clock. Cool little memento from a really great show!

Now, I'll have to search through 25 rolls to see if I can find a "kid sister" or "big brother".

Chris

Hey, Chris, does it look something like this?

1076902-FUNToken.jpg

Almost as cool as the sequentially numbered $1 bills. wink.gif

That's it! I know it isn't on all of them because we got two of the medals and just one has the die crack.

Chris

Now, I'll have to search through 25 rolls to see if I can find a "kid sister" or "big brother".

Want to make an offer? grin.gif

Wasn't this the first time at FUN for you? You don't want to put it with your keepsakes?

Chris

Wasn't this the first time at FUN for you? You don't want to put it with your keepsakes?

I was just kidding when I asked for an offer. But, if you want to swap pieces (one w/crack for one w/out), send me a PM.

I was just kidding when I asked for an offer. But, if you want to swap pieces (one w/crack for one w/out), send me a PM.

STOP, YOU'RE CRACKING ME UP! Which way?

Chris

Nice,nothing here although I did find something rather interesting in the NGC sample slab that I'll post later. grin.gif

Hayden

Yeah, I found some doubling in IGWT (No, I wasn't drinking at the brunch!) on the WV 25c and a filled, die chip inside the loop of the "5" of 1859 on the reverse of the OR 25c. But, if NGC feels that these are MS65, then I should resubmit my Kennedy error (below) because it should be MS66.

Chris

Nice,nothing here although I did find something rather interesting in the NGC sample slab that I'll post later. grin.gif

Hayden

Yeah, I found some doubling in IGWT (No, I wasn't drinking at the brunch!) on the WV 25c and a filled, die chip inside the loop of the "5" of 1859 on the reverse of the OR 25c. But, if NGC feels that these are MS65, then I should resubmit my Kennedy error (below) because it should be MS66.

Chris

You mean that there are two! 893whatthe.gif

And I thought one Lou was bad enough! 893whatthe.gif

Hi-yas Chris , we got one of each....mine has the crack like the IGWT pic - an the wifey got the one with the die cud filling the 'e' in Liberty ....no errors on the state quarters , but the Cali has one mean tan on it for such a new coin ...lol -John