• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling to Littleton

6 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone has ever sold coins to the Littleton Company?

If so, how was the experience (price/grading/time)?

Even if I was to get half of what they offer their coins for, I would be happy!!

true_grade,

Typical boiler operations like Littleton are not going to offer you half of what they ask. Although I've never dealt with them, buying or selling, my guess is that you'd be hard pressed to get 10 to 20% of your coins' true value from them.

They do brisk business at nearly every major show as many dealers bring the bulk, generic coins they received in collections to them. However, they can be a pain in the butt as they reject a large number of seemingly problem-free coins. It appears that any G4 coin will be rejected even though they are looking for G4 coins; you must sell them a G6 or VG8 at G4 money for them to buy it.

I wouldn't expect to get much from them. They don't make money by buying and selling at market value. I used to buy from them until their prices got too insanely high. I bought a set of six coins from them once for $11. Six months later they were selling the same sets for $44. I doubt the market for these coins quadrupeled in 6 months. If you're wondering the coins were SBA's, which apparently aren't very popular.

TomB is 100% correct. In past years, I would accumulate coins on their want list from my store purchases. Send them coins, 60-70% were rejected, even though they were accurated graded. All it took was two shipments, and I gave up. No sense waiting in line at the shows either, since they fill up on wantlists quickly and their reject rate is even higher. 893frustrated.gif

TRUTH

I don't know what they will buy them for but you can be sure by the time they sell them they will all be a grade better than you sold them for. they sell a lot of over graded coins.

893blahblah.gif

that is my opinion