• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New ASK NUMISMEDIA forum

9 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Note the new forum on the list at the bottom. It's a nice place to ask questions to NumisMedia about their price guide or process for determining pricing, how to best offer feedback about correcting pricing, etc. etc..

• Administrator

We've gotten some good questions so far. Keep them coming. I think the feedback in both directions is great for everyone involved.

Arch, I had mixed feelings about this new feature from the start. Now, after checking it out, I find that it is a paid, subscriber service. Isn't it a little inappropriate for NGC to endorse this service on the boards? Is it part of the NGC conglomerate? I don't know, I just think that this is a little odd.

• Administrator
Arch, I had mixed feelings about this new feature from the start. Now, after checking it out, I find that it is a paid, subscriber service. Isn't it a little inappropriate for NGC to endorse this service on the boards? Is it part of the NGC conglomerate? I don't know, I just think that this is a little odd.

NumisMedia prices are available to Collectors' Society members in a number of ways:

1. Low grade NM prices are included in the detailed view of coins in the NGC census report for free to the public, e.g.:

http://www.collectors-society.com/registry/ngc/CensusDetail.aspx?PrintOrder=3447&IDCoins=819126

If you are logged in as a paid member of the Collectors' Society, you can see the whole range.

2. If you're a paid member of the CS you can see NumisMedia pricing in the cert look ups.

3. Any free member can pull up an "inventory list" of their registry sets and see NumisMedia pricing for their lower grade coins. Paid members can see the full grade range of NumisMedia pricing.

NumisMedia is "NGC's Official Price Guide". See this article for details:

http://www.collectors-society.com/news/viewarticle.asp?IDArticle=266

I have a Rater simple Question, With the Number that each NGC Coin Gets can you find out from that Number when that Coin was Certified and if that Number has any other meanings Other than Just an Id Number , Like the PCGS Numering System It Gives you the Grade on the ID Nuber as part of it and I was Just Wondering if these have any Other Meanings Other than It's ID and . But Stil the main Question Is the date Of the Coins Submission by the Nubering system Or Not. Thank you .. BLASTER5

Also as of today Mail I Have now Just Completed the Entire 144 Coin Collection of the Early Comms In Silver so after a Gruling 18 Years of collection and Up grading I Now have It done with the Very last coin Being a GRANT STAR IN MS-64 and a Real Blazer to boot... so what a Fantastic Feeling this Is today... Now to Finish Up the Gold section of the Early comms and than I am about done with the entire Early comm Set from start to Finish.. and way to many Dupilcates to Even Coint and I Just Love the Real high Grade ones I tried to do in the Multi Dated Years and Make at Least one set Of P,D& S coin set a MS-66 or MS-67 Grade, Such as Texas and Boone and the Ever Loving Oregons The last Year the 1939 In MS- was a Work Of art to Even Find them Let alone that Balsted Lone Wasington Carver in at Least MS-65 Grade It seemed like It Never existed In that grade or if It did It was Either Over toned Or way to Much for what it was.. But Finely Found one that filled the Grade and made the set Anothe hard to find Coin that Is so Simple you would think... Oh Well It's Over now Except for 2 Up- Grades to MS-66 I would like to do... But the Grant STAR Is the GEM Of the day, and what a Blazer It Is..

Blaster

Hi Arch,

Is this the forum to ask Numis Media questions, or to make comments about there services directly, and do they monitor this forum/thread?