• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canadian Large Cents

4 posts in this topic

I have no books on dark side material, so I was wondering, I have 4 Canadian large cents I'm selling...

(2)1912, 1913, 1916 Large cents in VF+ to XF.

Do you know the value?

I'm thinking a few bucks each max, but if one of those are rare, I don't want to get taken! (but, I'd deserve it anyway due to posting coins I know jack about grin.gif).

I don't know HOW many times I've almost bought that $47 book on foreign coins, then I just say nah and buy another Mercury disme blush.gif

160443-CanadianCents.jpg.a51e814dc74e1bb5dbdd61fd35c8557b.jpg

Many public libraries have copies of Standard Catalogs available. Unless you need the most current edition you might check one out.

ALSO: a Charlton's Catalog of Canadian Coins is only $9 US.

I am at work so I can't help with the values of your coins now, but will check when I get home.

Those dates run about $2-$3 CDN each in VF, $4-$6 in EF.

The eyebrow, center of the band of the crown (above the ear), and the bow on the shoulder are the wear points. For VF, all of the details will be clear, but not sharp, with some slight flattening of the devices. For EF, all of the details will be sharp, with only slight wear showing, but no flattening.