• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1880-cc and Other Yard Sales Items :)

7 posts in this topic

Having a Major Yard sale again - Thanks for all those that participated last time.

1880-cc / 1893 Isabella / Portraits / Jewlery / Coins Coins Coins

Certified / Raw / MS66 Morgans / Proofs Prooflikes Mint States

Have a Wonderful day yay.gif

Mike

Yard Sale Items are Here

re: 2002-w $5 Salt Lake - PCGS MS70 * 5727* Coins produced

I always see this figure floating about but it omits the other packaging options which places the mintage at just over 10K.

Do you have any raw dollar commems from '95 or '96? If so, I may be interested. Thanks.

The Red book does not have any documentation to verify these numebers - What did you use for the figure on the "sets" amount created ?

Mike confused-smiley-013.gif

Sometimes it takes a decade for the mint to finally get the proper mintages totaled and there is still confusion about individual sales, set sales and total sales among competing publications.

All along I thought that the Iceland Leif Erickson commem had a mintage of 15,000 since that is the figure that I've always seen. I just saw that the actual mintage was over 50K, however. Sux doesn't it?! It gives false scarcity figures which can serve to dupe the buyer and dealer alike.

To answer your question, it just takes time and patience to finally get a final figure on some issues.

I was also hopeful that the mintstate gold SLC commem was also 5K since the Jackie Robinson has a similar figure and is worth big bucks. Still, if a silver dollar commem had a mintage of only 10,000 then it would probably a thousand dollar coin. There's not an equivalent number of gold commem collectors to silver dollar commem collectors, however. Still, I think that it has better potential than it is currently showing.

I will adjust the description saying the actual figure is probably more because of some issued in MINT sets and I think I will feel more comfortable with it.

I hope some comes in with a nice offer smile.gif -

Thank bud

Mike thumbsup2.gif

I think that the actual total is 10,100 which includes individual sales, two piece and 4 piece sets.

And, you're welcome. thumbsup2.gif