• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Picked up a 1949-d MS64 FBL for my Dansco.....

14 posts in this topic

To be blunt, NGC is more stringent when it comes to designating FBL for Franklins. However, in the case of 1949-D, I don't think there's a huge price swing for the designation, so you really can't go wrong with either service.

I strongly prefer coins that are not dipped or messed with, however, this particular example looks like a conservation candidate to me.

James

I'll wait to see what it looks like in hand....usually teletrade pics are really poor and make coins look poor in general. every Franklin I have bought from them looks better in hand. the price swing is not huge, but since I have seen scores of these go for $110 plus on Ebay, I'm happy with the price. It would be a good candidate for "preservation", since its going into an album.

P.S., I'm glad to see another coffin-craker on this forum.

My Dansco type album is full of liberated coins.

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Dansco Type Album, baby!

I strongly prefer coins that are not dipped or messed with, however, this particular example looks like a conservation candidate to me.

James

Agreed.

I guess we'll see. I am pretty sure this coin will look better than the pics would indicate. In general, I find the Teletrade pics misleading. Many coins I have bought from them have looked much nicer in hand.

As I expected the coin is much nicer in hand. The toning on the reverse is actually brugandy around the edges, and the obverse has more luster than pics indicate. No conservation needed for this one. Both this coin, and a 1953 I picked up in the same auction have been liberated from their coffin, and placed in the proper hole in my Dansco.

My Dansco type album is full of liberated coins.

have been liberated from their coffin

"Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!" - MLK

jom