• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Authentication

7 posts in this topic

Does NGC do an authentication and encapsulation service WITHOUT grading

the coin.I have a Mercury 1942/41 that has a scratch and a 1916-d which is a VERY low grade (AG3-) which I assume you would not grade yet I do want to verify authenticity and encapsulate it.

• Administrator

NGC does not offer authentication without grading. However, this service is available from NCS, Numismatic Conservation Services. Your coins can be labeled as genuine or given a details grade with surface problems noted. The authenticity of all NCS encapsulated coins is guaranteed. More information can be found here:

AUTHENTICATION AND ENCAPSULATION & DETAILS GRADING FOR PROBLEM COINS

The NCS holder is the same dimensions as NGC's holder:

1044570-GENUINE.jpg

1044570-GENUINE.jpg.98a28049636984aceaca1cba80391071.jpg

Just to add that an AG grade or even PO do not prevent a coin from being holdered by NGC. Provided your 16-D has no problems and is authentic, NGC would be your service choice for encapsulation. In fact, we have graded over 300 1916-D Mercury Dimes grading from PO1 to AG3.

I think the 16-d was a fr2 then as an anacs coin - I deslabbed and put into a folder - Thinking of going back to slab smile.gif.

I just purchased a 1942/41 with a scratch as a vf20, this is something that NGC will not slab correct.