• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade gaurentee

2 posts in this topic

The submission forms for NCS that I have say "(Grade Protection INCLUDED FOR Certified COINS)". The NCS web site says "NCS DOES NOT PROVIDE GRADE PROTECTION OR ANY TYPE OF GRADE GUARANTEE FOR COINS SUBMITTED TO NCS." Don't these two statements contradict each other? If not please tell me what I am missing.

Some changes in NCS policies are about to take place which are not reflected on the older generation form you have. Grade Protection for previously certified coins will not be offered. Coins submitted to NCS already certified will still be evaluated before conservation just as they have been in the past. For coins already certified, regardless of grading company, part of the evaluation will still be to see if the currently stated grade will at least be maintained after the conservation. If it is felt that the currently stated grade has a strong possibility of not being maintained after the conservation, this will cause your coin to be not conserved and returned to you in its original holder--just as before. The change will be in the rare instance where a coin downgrades after the conservation. The submitter will no longer receive any added benefit should a coin downgrade after the conservation.

Fees will also soon be changing. The percentages for conservation fees will soon be 1% for the evaluation (no change) and 3% for the conservation for a total of 4% of your declared value with a minimum of $20. Fees will also cap at $3500 for higher value coins.

If you have any further questions or need current generation forms, please contact NCS Customer Service at 866-627-2646 or NCShelp@ncscoin.com.

Chris, NCS