• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANNOUNCING AIRPLANENUT'S CHARITY AUCTION #5--Donations Now Being Accepted

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

As many here know, I have been running charity auctions online since 2003, when I was in 10th grade. Now, I'm a college freshman. A lot has changed, but much has stayed the same. Much of my life has been influenced by my grandfather, who passed away from pancreatic cancer in February of 2000. He was the man who helped me fall in love with aviation and become Airplanenut. His memory was the inspiration for my first auction. In 10th grade, I did a biology research project on pancreatic cancer, finally understanding the disease that took my grandfather. When I completed the project, I was inspired to help research; although pancreatic cancer is one of the hardest cancers to detect, and thus it is one of the deadliest cancers, with a very, very low survival rate. Then, I didn't have much in terms of financial resources, so I dreamt up my first charity auction, and its success was beyond anything I could imagine.

With the success of that first auction, which raised $1700, I held three more auctions, raising $3000, $5400, and over $7225 respectively. These numbers are remarkable! Today, my grandfather's memory, as well as greater financial resources, has led me to continue to donate myself with money earned doing coin-based work. But my resources still cannot match the generosity of the members of this board. So, I am asking for your help in creating another successful auction to help rid the world of an awful disease.

In the past, I have taken donations by mail and listed them, writing descriptions and taking pictures. Then, I have taken all bids by email, collected payment, and done all of the shipping. At college, though, I no longer have the ability (space or security) to take the many donations I have received in the past. So, donations must be a bit different this time. Instead of sending donations by mail, I ask that you email me descriptions at charity@jkwd.com. Pictures are more than welcome (by email or I can download them from the web). As in the past, I will still take bids and collect payment. When items have been paid for, I will email donors and ask that they ship the items to the winners. If needed, shipping costs can also be reimbursed, or added to bids.

My goal is to begin the auction in the first week of January, and begin collecting payments by the end of the month (my classes resume the first week of February, and I'd like to have the most time-consuming parts of the auction completed by the time classes start).

So, as in the past, I ask that you help make this auction a great success. Without your help, these auctions that I have run would never have been successful, and I know we can succeed again.

So please search for what you can donate, and send me an email at charity@jkwd.com. Alternatively, cash donations will also be gratefully accepted.

Here are some useful links:

My email: charity@jkwd.com

Hirshberg Foundation for Pancreatic Cancer Research

[L=http://jkwd.com/panc_cancer/]The 10th Grade Biology Project that Began it All[/url]

Thank you for your generosity!

Jeremy Katz