• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1954 "San Jose" cent

9 posts in this topic

There was a 1954-SJ cent at JamminJ's (PCGS screen name) coin party. It's really a 1954-S with a J next to the S, making it look like an SJ mintmark. There was some discussion of what it was, and if it really came out of the mint like that.

It is mentioned in my old paperback copy of Major Variety and Oddity Guide of United States Coins by Frank G. Spadone. According to this book, it's a die break. Unfortunately no picture is shown. Does anybody else know anything about this? It was an interesting coin, to say the least.

CThanks, DonHeath and CoinLes. I didn't know MrLee had started a thread over there. I'll also check out Paradise Coins. I'd like to get one of those.

On the PCGS boards there had been a member who went by mtabusrunner who owned one or several of them. I believe he also knew a bit about them. He hasn't posted at PCGS in a long time, however, I looked him up on ebay and he uses the same ID.

I didn't know MrLee had started a thread over there.
You were busy busting Barriers wink.gif If you come across anymore info, let me know.