• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goodness. Commems aplenty at FUN

6 posts in this topic

Well, I remember sitting through the JFS sale and heard all the glory about the Heller and Scher commems thinking these coins would say off the market for at least 5 years. Well, not so. Over 550 commems in the FUN Heritage sale with many JFS. Scher, and Heller coins. Not to mention the 100+ Prescott commems. I fear the end users of these ultra high end coins are gone.

TRUTH

Truth:

Jack Kelly (Toneddollars on the board) is a good friend of Robert Michael Prescott and has viewed his Commems in hand, and from what Jack has told me they are quite a sight to behold, and color wise some of the best out there.

I am going to try and get into Orlando early for this Auction. It could get interesting!!!!!

Truth:

Jack Kelly (Toneddollars on the board) is a good friend of Robert Michael Prescott and has viewed his Commems in hand, and from what Jack has told me they are quite a sight to behold, and color wise some of the best out there.

I am going to try and get into Orlando early for this Auction. It could get interesting!!!!!

I got to see about 40 of the Prescott coins at the Santa Clara show. ANR was previewing of the commems there. I am going to bid on a few commems which are very rare with color. In general, the coins ranged from MS63-MS68, which is quite a wide spectrum of grades. The lower end color coins were dramatic, but had technical problems. For example, the Huguenot in MS64 has awesome color, but heavy scratches under the toning is a drawback for the technical collector.

TRUTH

Well, I remember sitting through the JFS sale and heard all the glory about the Heller and Scher commems thinking these coins would say off the market for at least 5 years. Well, not so. Over 550 commems in the FUN Heritage sale with many JFS. Scher, and Heller coins. Not to mention the 100+ Prescott commems. I fear the end users of these ultra high end coins are gone.

aint that the truth flowerred.gif, truth

well you also need technical gem grade or higher with monster color to be a great commem

Well, I don't know anything about whether the high end collectors will be buying but there sure are some outrageous coins in the auction. There are too many Commems to count. There are even some really nice Washingtons and Franklins which I'm sure will go for big money. I'm not a fan of either series but there are some hum-dingers there. (TomB...you see these?)

I've picked out one or two coins I like but since I don't collect any of the aforementioned series I won't be bidding on any of those....

jom