• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hoot's Transitional Pieces of 1836-40

8 posts in this topic

Hoot's Transitional Pieces of 1836-40

Wow! What an endeavor!

I find myself breaking the tenth commandment especially over the 1840 half dime and the 1838 quarter.

It is nice to read such a detailed exposition on his purpose and goals towards this collection as well.

Definition for a true collector = Mark Hooten. thumbsup2.gif

Hoot old buddy----Have you tackled a big one here? I wish you tons of good luck. And it will give you something to do in your old age. Naturally, I am especially impressed with the 36 and 39 halves. Truly my kind of coins. You have done well. Super toning on them as well. Thank you for saving them and keeping them in your care. Yes, a true collector and Numismatist. Bob [supertooth]

Anybody else think his descriptions are too brief? 893applaud-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

Me. yeahok.gif

Thank you kindly for taking note. It's a fun set to work on - a little unorthodox, and full of great history.

If I could get a nice shot of the 1839 no drapery half dollar, I'd be quite happy, 'cause it's also a lovely coin. I plan on having it photo proofed at PCGS (since it's in their holder).

Hoot

If I could get a nice shot of the 1839 no drapery half dollar, I'd be quite happy, 'cause it's also a lovely coin.

Hey Hoot,I just got some new lighting;I'm still trying to get it set up just right but I'd be happy to take a try at it! insane.gif

hail.gifsuperb coins and knowledge hail.gif

and photos too cloud9.gif

a true advanced collectors set flowerred.gif

we need more like this to breathe life into coins in a positive way

rather than rats who put common one to two dollar or less!!! coins in holders and then sell the holder and coin for hundreds if not thousands devil.gif a super negatuve thing with no ethics responsibility and outright greed which hurts evetyone overall in the coin hobby