• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TJ, this coin's for you

13 posts in this topic

From the last little bit of France in North America. Saint Pierre and Miquelon (SPAM) 1 Franc. Aluminum, but still a cool coin.

1032199-1948spam1f.jpg

1032199-1948spam1f.jpg.001e269be8ceb4b85ff967065aa0086a.jpg

Interesting.

Saint-Pierre & Miquelon is South of the Canadian province of Newfoundland, about 800 miles North East from Boston. An integral part of the French Republic, they are the last remnant of France’s once large possessions on this continent.Saint-Pierre & Miquelon is France's oldest remaining overseas territory. As well, it is France's closest and smallest territory.

Now when I need a French-fix I don't have to go all the way over to France. But those aluminum coins are just too damn light weight. Thanks for sharing!

Fabulous coin, and an interesting tidbit of history. If you need a French fix, TJ, just go to Quebec!

Hoot

Hoot, could you tell me how or why you think the coin is fabulous. I have been wondering this.

Signed,

Blasé

Fabulous coin, and an interesting tidbit of history. If you need a French fix, TJ, just go to Quebec!

Hoot

Hoot, could you tell me how or why you think the coin is fabulous. I have been wondering this.

Signed,

Blasé

She's pretty? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hoot

Signed,

Blasé

No problem with pretty coin.

Hoot

Signed,

Blasé

THAT'S IT CHARLIE BROWN!!!

smile.gif

I just love this winged, Phrygian capped effigy of Marianne. Spiny once sent me one of these from French Comoros. It has a coelacanth on it!

1033423-1964-AComoros20FKM-8MS64NGC05-28.JPG

And then there's the French W. Africa that I won in one of Gregs auctions! Excellent!

1033425-1948FrenchW.Africa1FrancEssaiKM-E1MS65NGC05-19.JPG

Hoot

1033423-1964-AComoros20FKM-8MS64NGC05-28.JPG.334242a78df727439657ae63362e3c1f.JPG

Hoot

Signed,

Blasé

THAT'S IT CHARLIE BROWN!!!

smile.gif

I just love this winged, Phrygian capped effigy of Marianne. Spiny once sent me one of these from French Comoros. It has a coelacanth on it!

1033423-1964-AComoros20FKM-8MS64NGC05-28.JPG

And then there's the French W. Africa that I won in one of Gregs auctions! Excellent!

1033425-1948FrenchW.Africa1FrancEssaiKM-E1MS65NGC05-19.JPG

Hoot

I like the aluminum one in spiny's picture,she seems well different in a good way. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

She is very,very pretty. cloud9.gif

Hoot, Chris has become quite attached to the Lady Marianne on French medals as well. It is amazing at how reasonable these sell for. 150 yr old, near perfect bronzes for fifty bucks or less. Incredible!

Hoot, Chris has become quite attached to the Lady Marianne on French medals as well. It is amazing at how reasonable these sell for. 150 yr old, near perfect bronzes for fifty bucks or less. Incredible!

They're nice,just as long as she has clothes on poke2.gif