• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My newps today from the PNNA show!

7 posts in this topic

As promised, here are the four newps I got today at the PNNA show (I know, only 4 and I blew my entire budget and then some!)

The first one is a nice 1899 $5 Lib. graded MS-63 by NGC, a very pretty coin overall, nice strike, luster and clear fields. I haven't bought a half eagle in a while so what the heck!

1899 $5 Obverse

1899 $5 Reverse

The second is a nice 1852 Type 1 $20 Liberty. It's a fairly common date, not too expensive, but this one looked just to nice for the grade on the holder (gee, I wonder why), it has great luster and a nice strike. Sure it's AU, but it sure is pretty!

1852 $20 Obverse

1852 $20 Reverse

This next one is a very nice 1826 Bust half, O-109 graded EF-45 by ANACS. Nothing too special but a nice coin and a good price.

1826 Half Obverse

1826 Half Reverse

This last one is probably my favorite of the day (or at least a tie with #1 and #2!). This is an 1827 Half graded AU-53 by NGC with more of that really gorgeous album toning along the obverse rim (and less so on the reverse). Unlike my 1810, this one tends towards cobalt blue instead of green. The photos aren't too great as I was struggling to capture the color in addition to the details of the coin. It's been cleaned a while ago, but has retoned very nicely over the years.

1827 Half Obverse

1827 Half Reverse

Well, those are my newps for the day, I hope you enjoyed looking at them as much as I enjoyed sharing them! grin.gif

I enjoyed them! grin.gif I like the way the 1827 CBH has the burnt look on its rims and also like very much the smooth color and fields of the half eagle. Nice coins. The double eagle also seems to have fewer marks on it than I would expect of a coin with an AU53 grade. It looks like you had a very good day!

I agree. That 1827 shines with originality. It made me realize too: I don't think I've ever seen a disapointing AU53. AU50's or even AU55's can be shoddy, but AU53's, for whatever reason, are nice.

Very good looking coins Jeff, and thanks for the description of the show on your other thread! I have a 36 bust half in AU55 that would be the perfect mate by the looks of the toning!

Hoot