• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Die Clashed Saint

2 posts in this topic

Picked up this interesting Saint recently. It's common 1914-S in a P64 holder and looks in all honesty "butt-ugly". I normally would've blown past a coin like this while going through the box however, the reason why I got it was, I was intrigued with the die clash on the obverse. This is the first Saint I've seen with a clash mark. Nice part was, I managed to pull this at wholesale. smirk.gif

Looking at this die clash, one would think there would be corresponding clash marks on the reverse die as well. However, there is none to be found on the reverse which leads me to believe the reverse die had been swapped out. There may be a handful of 1914-S Saints circulating out there with BOTH the reverse and obverse clashed. Sure would like to find one of those also. Anyone else out there have Saints with die clashes? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1030118-Die_Clash.jpg.2704badfbf3c676e9bd7514a92f0b93b.jpg