• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Legend News Release

34 posts in this topic

IMO, she ripped a sterling piece from the Heritage auction.

L gave me permission to say what piece this is, since it's already been placed with a client. (It never even made it to our web site, and again, we have no image of a special piece!)

The coin is a 3CN pattern, graded PF67DCAM by PCGS. It's an R.7 (4 to 12 extant), and conditionally rare. There is only ONE cameo piece graded PCGS, and no DCAM pieces for all regular issue 3CNs. This pattern is very similar in design to the regular design.

Steve

I forgot to mention that I met a few West Coast board members at LB. Greg and Pat walked up together, smirked at me, and asked me to guess who was who. (I got Greg, but wasn't sure that the other was Pat.) Despite popular rumors, Greg doesn't look too much like his avatar! wink.gif

I also met Jeff R., and almost met Cam (had to hussle by him to run an errand).

It was nice to put faces to some of the names...

Most of all, I appreciated those who were careful not to distract me from the work I had to do. Coin dealing is serious business, and I don't want L and G to think I'm just there to socialize and have fun! In no way do I want them to have any reason to think that I will abrogate my Legend responsibilities!

Steve

1. Being enthusiastic about coins can be your downfall. Most of us naturally, automatically and even unknowingly will add eye appeal to a coin if we're enthusiastic about that coin. When it comes time to sell the coin, any prospective buyers may not have the same degree of enthusiasm for that specimen. You never want zeal to supplant objectivity.

-------------------------

Steve, this is the only statement I take exception to. When I buy a coin I not only buy the physical item but also the "experience" of owning it.

Take away enthusiasm and what do I have left? Round metal disks that serve no purpose. It's the COIN and the pure, unadulturated joy (read: enthusiasm) that I am purchasing. And, most the time, it is worth it.

Pat,

As a collector, you should be enthusiastic about your acquisitions. But, I was speaking from the perspective of a dealer, and to express what I think it would take to become successful as a dealer...

From that perspective, do you still disagree? (It's ok if you do!)

Steve