• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEY ARCH, DO WE HAVE ROOM FOR A NEW FORUM?

12 posts in this topic

This thought has probably been raised before, but why can't we have a separate forum within NGC for those who go off on a tangent. I've been thinking about it since the "What will happen to Michael" thread got derailed. I know. we have the Watercooler but that is for all CGC groups. Quite frankly, some of those comics types are a little scary.

How many times have we read................. "This forum is for U.S. Coins......take it to the Marketplace" or something similar. Why not start a new forum?........... "CoinCribs" (pun intended).........where members could take their rantings, off-topic rhetoric and general clowning around.

I didn't feel too good about myself after OT3's post and supertooth's post made me think about this as a solution. Is it possible? What do the other members think?

Chris

Chris-----Thought I smelled something burning. But seriously, why a 'new' forum? Just title a thread "Coin Cribs"----whatever else you want to add to that. Your handle of cpm9ball or midwest or HTubbs etc. etc. would be evident as the starter of the thread---and, because it was labeled "Coin Cribs", everyone would know that it's a joke thread or some off topic thread or just a bunch of guys fooling around. People could open and read or not open as they choose to do. I guess what I am saying is the words "Coin Cribs" would be the signal that it is not a 'serious' thread. Just a thought. Bob [supertooth]

Quite frankly, some of those comics types are a little scary.

Yeah some of them are...

And then there's the REALLY scary ones! 893whatthe.gif

Well actually I thought Numismatic Tangents was supposed to be where the goofing off went on,except when it's on someone else's thread. tongue.gif

I think another forum would be good for us coin folk for topics that are not related to coins.Coin collectors in general seem to be much more reputable and no where near as vulgar as the Comic collectors(in general,don't want to offend Shane wink.gif ) The water cooler was original intended to be the off-topic forum but I never post over there(save a recent Chihuahua post) due to the very high number of vulgar,obscene,explict,foolish and completely uncessary threads. It would be nice to have a friendly off-topic forum where this evil material was banned.

Arch, a suggestion...you could let us have Numismatic Events! There is only one post there a month by that sonofpromoterman guy and most of the rest is just from midwest and I joking around. All shows could just be posted in Tangents where you would naturally think they would be...

Hayden

Also why not call it Hayden's Haven? insane.gif

Yo coin peeps.....look at my handle and knock off the comic type jokes or I am going to come to your house with a fork and carve my initials in your chest.

See us Comic folks can be perfectly reasonable at times devil.gif

flowerred.gif

I don't think we need another forum....just get rid of Chris grin.gif

Shane, I've got just the shirt for you to wear at the TCCS booth at FUN................"I'm where it's AT " smile.gif

Chris

Arch, a suggestion...you could let us have Numismatic Events! There is only one post there a month by that sonofpromoterman guy and most of the rest is just from midwest and I joking around. All shows could just be posted in Tangents where you would naturally think they would be...

Hayden

Also why not call it Hayden's Haven? insane.gif

First Hayden there are about three shows listed a month in the forum by different folks. It's alive but it probably wouldn't be missed. Really thoguht it is used so it should just be put up to a vote to keep it or throw it out.

As far as a thread or a forum both have advantages. The thread would keep everything compact but would almost become a fixture in numismatic tangets. A forum would keep it all out of the coin areas and allow more fellowship laugh.gif In my opinion a forum would be best. Afterall who wouldn't want to read posts about Hayden's chihuauas, Victors travels, Chris's Florida swamp land prices or the dream I had lastnight where my computer needed an exorcism.

It would actually keep things more coin in nature and if anything make everyone more happy and friendly. Afterall we do other things besides coins but never talk about them. If anything we would probably find similarities in othet things we do too. Just think of all the time we spend here posting and reading. It's almost like this board is a (shudders wink.gif ) family. Really about as close as you can get without being related and often not having met in person. So if you think about it talking about non coin things is just a natural step.

It does raise questions about how will it operate though. You risk it being invaded by those from the WC and it becoming WC2. You also have the risk of the forum becoming a beast of it's own. Allowing those who just aren't into the WC or outsiders who aren't even coin board watchers turning it into a pit of deviance and sin. The main suspects being those from the comic boards. While it isn't necessarily bad to have non coin folk and even good you have to plan for all future events that might happen. The worst case scenario being pulled or having to approve folks to post there. The best outcome would be hosting those from other boards and creating a clean, wholesome bridge of communication and understanding between the hobbies and ourselves. A one month test would probably be best for the idea to see how it goes and then have a decision made by mainly the powers that be with some feedback from us.

Now as far as names go how about The Greyhound Squad forum 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Also why not call it Hayden's Haven?

That would be very nice; we could discuss topics like Hayden's deep and disturbing hatred of cats. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif