• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AT or NT? Your opinions on this Kennedy...

AT or NT  

93 members have voted

1. 1. AT or NT

12 posts in this topic

Looks more like environmental damage to me, but clearly the coin has seen some type of moisture so I vote AT. Now it may have been in an envolope or something that got wet inadvertantly....but again the toning pattern is just a little too bizzare for me to vote natural.

I actaully like the coin though and if the price was right.....would not have hesitated to pull the trigger on that one thumbsup2.gif

Hayden-----I see the vote is now tied at 5 each----Proves once again that pictures---any pictures----will probably bring uncertainty into the picture [no pun intended]. Anyway, like Shane, I cannot see this as NT. And agree, it could be water damage. But most likely just someone fooling around. I am always suspicious of coins in the modern era looking like this. It seems if the coin has a value of 50 bucks or less----people will try anything to make it a winner. Strange how you almost never see a truly "rare" coin looking like this---is it not?? Anyway, I say AT all the way. Bob [supertooth]

I voted for artificial toning, because those look like watercolors to me, just not right. It may indeed be due to a natural storage process, but even natural storing of coins can result in what would be deemed artificial toning.

James

IMHO, the straitions below Kennedy's neck look like brush marks from someone sloppily applying chemicals to the coin. Colors do not look natural to me.