• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did NGC change the design/pattern of the edge of the slab?

3 posts in this topic

Maybe I missed this somewhere, but, recently I received a slab that is noticeably different than my other slabs in the appearance of the design on the edge. My older slabs all have a slight 'lip' where the two pieces are joined and sealed. My most recent slab is missing this 'lip' and the short 'lines' pattern on the edge of the back plate now appears longer and thicker and extends to where the two pieces meet. On my older slabs these short 'lines' taper, look thinner, and do not meet the edge.

My question is...

Did NGC change the mold on the slab pieces ever so slightly?

Thanks

• Administrator

Yes. NGC has re-engineered its single coin holder so that a new molding process can be used. This was done to enable a substantial improvement in holder clarity. Minor adjustments were also made to the edges of the holder.

NGC holders are made using a very high grade of plastic which we believe is the best material available for rare coin encapsulation. Unfortunately, it requires a more involved and complex molding process than conventional materials. We initially selected it based on its superior properties for long-term storage. These recent modifications have considerably augmented its qualities for presentation and display.

Currently, this holder is being used on limited basis. Soon all NGC coins will encapsulated using the newest generation of our holder.

Thank You !! I'm very glad to see that NGC responds to customer comments. I was one of the posters on a string a few months ago that questioned the clarity of the NGC holders. It is great to see that NGC took those comments seriously.

Thank you once again. Good customer service is the hallmark of a good company.