• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you all think of my latest Rainbow Morgan?

19 posts in this topic

Thanks for the comments guys,I do agree that it is a little noisy for a 64.But regarding other PCGS 64s I've seen this one could be called high end tongue.gif

Anyhow maybe they were just making up for this Morgan: Link

TW,I paid $160 for it...

-Hayden

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Morgan dollars, never have been, even with beautiful toning. However, there was one in the Superior auction that caught my eye, one of the "Kellogg Cereal" (or whatever) common-date coins, graded NGC MS-64*. I bid $245 on it - and got OUTBID.

So, I STILL don't own any gorgeous toned Morgies!

James

Terrific! Other than submitting for cert, how can one tell if a coin is AT? I have a beautiful 84-CC Morgan in high MS with a target rainbow tone but wonder if it is too good to be nature's creation.

Nice coin Hayden....$160 is a very fair price for a coin with that much color on the reverse.

Rob Lynch: If you have the ability to post an image here....I and others can give you our opinions on the Legitimacy of the toning on your CC morgan............I would consider myself a semi-expert in the field as that is all I collect thumbsup2.gif

I can't see the auction as it's been too long since it closed......but unfortunately this guy has a very bad reputation over on the PCGS boards. After looking at a few of his auctions.....all were clearly AT so that doesn't bode well for your purchase.

I would still like to see an image before making you regret your purchase....I have my fingers crossed for you.....but it doesn't look good. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Thanks Shane. He sold me an 80-O, 79-S and 84-CC all rainbow toned but the CC was stunning. All are high MS quality and great to look at visually. I only paid about $200 with shipping for all 3 so the raw value was there and I chanced the rest. I'm suprised he enjoys such a high rating on eBay given his history. He has changed his seller ID 2 times since I bought which is a bad sign not there when I bought in Feb of 2004. I'll post the pic when I can and thanks again - you have been much help.

Yes well about the feedback.......you pretty much have to know the difference between AT and NT to know you got screwed......and most of his clients obviously do not know and take a leap of faith based on his feedback and the prices they can pick the coins up for.

His AT jobs are very obvious from what I can see...so if your coins don't have that same yellow, red, blue type bullseye toning that's matching on both sides then you could be ok 893scratchchin-thumb.gif