• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Revised scores

14 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Scores have been revised for some of the modern type coins. Check it out.

David,

Is there an easy way for us to see which scores were changed? I can see that my set dropped points, but not which slots may have been adjusted downwards. Thanks,

Keith

• Administrator

Hi Keith,

There's no easy automated way to display this, as we don't track updates to the scores by date and time or anything. The only way to handle this is if David had some pretty specific and easily postable notes about his changes - and that doesn't seem likely that they're in an electronic format, or that they were done with an eye towards public posting of them. I don't know this for a fact, but I know if it were me doing it, I probably wouldn't have anything like that.

Thus unfortunately, there's probably no easy way to provide what you're asking. frown.gif

Arc

I took a look in the areas that he mentioned and can see where some changes had been made according to my original notes on the scores.

Even though I had suggested changes in those areas, it's still weird to see a 1,600+ point drop in your set and not really be sure which scores went down.

(If nothing else, if any other area had changed, I wanted to refresh my Excel data before my next post on scoring suggestions).

David:

The Franklin Set still has problems (i.e. the 1949-DFBL & 1950-D MS64FBL) coins are still only worth 3 points. These coins cost over $100 each and are hard to find. The MS65FBL coins are prohibitively expensive (over $1000.00) for a Franklin half. Would you, when you have time, look at this set? tongue.gif

Thanks

The Franklin Set still has problems (i.e. the 1949-DFBL & 1950-D MS64FBL) coins are still only worth 3 points. These coins cost over $100 each and are hard to find.

Franklin Proofs have $300 coins that are only pulling 3 points as well. The last theory I heard was that these pricey coins are "Not Competetive"

Phil

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

We're quite aware of some problems with the date sets, but there seemed to be more urgency in updating the type sets, since there are more users of these. We'll get to the date sets ASAP.

What is the meaning exactly of "Not Competitive"?? I call any coin that costs over $100 "Competitive by definition! frown.gif

Any "D" Franklin that is FBL and over the score of MS64FBL is "worthy" of inclusion, because 1. they are expensive and 2. the "D" Mint MS65FBL's are so expensive and so low in certified volume that they are almost unattainable.

I do know that the Wash. Qyarters and the Kennedy halves were affected because I spent 2 hours on Sunday night revising these issues to coins with higher scores to offset the score reduction. I eventually got it down to -4 points. tongue.gif

In this latest adjustment of the USA Type Set, you guys did not list the coins that were affected in the change. The previous adjustment had the date of change listed in the set beside the affected coin. This gave nice visibility of the specific changes.

I lost 1775 points in this latest round of score adjustments and I do not have a glue as to what specifically changed to make me lose so many points. If the the date of change was listed beside the coin (as the last change was), it would really help to deal with the individual coins affected. tongue.gif

PS: You guys really gutted the Franklin, Kennedy and Ike Sets. I am going to take mine off the board. These set scores are an insult. If this is the way that they are treated, I do not want to even list them. It is a total waste of tight money and time that could be spent doing other things other than collecting these coins for the Registry. mad.gif