• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Limit on orders of US Mint sets!!!

13 posts in this topic

has anyone seen this? What do you make of this. I have heard people say that the 2005 Mints sets culd be a sleeper. I know they will produce many of these, but does anyone think it's worth while buying 10 and setting them aside just in case. Is there a chance that US Mint will not make SF Mint sets next year?

Just wondering. confused-smiley-013.gif

Does anyone have any idea what current mintages are for these. Are all mint sets going to be SF in the future? If not, could that be a reason for future potential of these sets. I havent ordered any, other than the one i needed for albums etc. but I have heard others say they think these could increase in value. I guess you'ld need a crystal ball to know for sure.

has anyone seen this? What do you make of this. I have heard people say that the 2005 Mints sets culd be a sleeper. I know they will produce many of these, but does anyone think it's worth while buying 10 and setting them aside just in case. Is there a chance that US Mint will not make SF Mint sets next year?

Just wondering. confused-smiley-013.gif

I don't see how you could go wrong on this buy. I still need to order mine. Any idea when the sales date will conclude?

According to Numismatic News, 11/08/05, the Mint has sold 1,164,106 of the 2005 UNC Sets. It is interesting to note that the current Greysheet lists the bid/ask for the 2004 UNC Sets at $62/$67. The quality of the 2005 set is far superior. Who can say what its value will be when production ceases.

Victor, I believe that sales will continue until December 31.

Chris

I still dont know if it's worth ordering an extra ten. the only reason I would buy extras is if I thought they had potential, but with over a million already out there, hard to imagine they will rise in value, unless mint decide to stop doing SF mint sets.

Does anyone her eplan on ordering or have ordered extra sets in the hopes that these might increase in value?

Personally I probably won't since if the mint has to place a limit on the orders because demand is so great that they don't have enough time to make enough will mean that there will be plenty of sets for everyone. And if the bubble pops these sets will really drop in value as there will be so many. Of course I'm not a big fan of moderns( thoughI did buy the mint and silver proof sets for 2005) and an equal observation would be if demand is so great now,just think how it will be when the sets are no longer available from the mint. Of course they aren't rare like the Legacy sets,so there is no telling what could happen.It will be interesting to see how the rest of the 2005 products play out...

-Hayden

I decided to buy five extra just incase. I took a look at a website that is usually fairly reasonably priced, and they were selling them for $32. On Ebay, many sales have cracked $23, even though they are still available. I have no earthly reason to think this, but I suspect demand will increase when these are no longer available, which may be sooner than people think.

Does anyone here plan on ordering or have ordered extra sets in the hopes that these might increase in value?

To date, I've ordered 40 sets, but I didn't get them anticipating an increase in value. I've only opened 15 of the sets and I am surprised at the number of high grades. Because of the satin finish, the Mint is handling them with much greater care, and it is really nice to be able to find so many MS68-70 specimens. It is quite a pleasant change from previous years.

Chris

sign-offtopic.gifHas anyone noticed the continued rise in the price of the American Legacy Set? The Greysheet is reporting dealer increases, weekly, and it is currently at $275 Ask; retail is nearing $350. Does anyone think it will reach $500 by the end of the year? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Does anyone here plan on ordering or have ordered extra sets in the hopes that these might increase in value?

To date, I've ordered 40 sets, but I didn't get them anticipating an increase in value. I've only opened 15 of the sets and I am surprised at the number of high grades. Because of the satin finish, the Mint is handling them with much greater care, and it is really nice to be able to find so many MS68-70 specimens. It is quite a pleasant change from previous years.

Chris

sign-offtopic.gifHas anyone noticed the continued rise in the price of the American Legacy Set? The Greysheet is reporting dealer increases, weekly, and it is currently at $275 Ask; retail is nearing $350. Does anyone think it will reach $500 by the end of the year? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

At the rate it's going up,I wouldn't be suprised!