• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good guy coin dealers. Week 2

8 posts in this topic

Every week I will be posting a coin dealer who is truly a good guy. Over 25 years as a collector and 14 years as a dealer, only a few worthy dealers make my list. No dealer has asked to be on this list and this list is merely an opinion based on personal dealings over many years. This week's coin dealer is:

Sal Germano

S & G Rare Coins.

625 Layfayette Ave

Hawthorne, NJ 07506

Phone #'s: 973-304-0520

973-304-0914

Owner owned and operated. Deal with the boss.

Specializing in mid to high level graded US coins, ngc and pcgs.

Very, very fair, works on a small markup.

Attends major and regional coin shows.

Very honest and good, friendly personality.

Truth -- can you give any contact details on Sal Germano?

I did a google search, and see that he seems to be located in Hawthorne, New Jersey, which is quite intriguing, as this is just next door to where a couple of borad members grew up!

(thanks - you read my mind! )

I'm glad to know that you know Sal and think highly of him as he's a friend of mine! smile.gif Sal's a great guy and I have bought some wonderful coins from him, including the 1932 Washington, priced at bid, in the attachment. I see Sal fairly frequently and he and I will probably both have tables at the GSNA show in mid-May.

149786-QWQ32PCGS65a.jpg.11bc862d17a455424ecfe812dff88d0e.jpg

Hey truth teller!!!!!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, ohh, sorry i did not mean to beg. but, if you know of a california dealer thats not going to rape me then please let all of us know here on the west coast!!

thanks mike

dont forget! collect proof sets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Hi mike,

I posted last week Sal Falcone of San Jose. If you want another dealer, post what location you are living, and I might accomodate.

TRUTH

hey truth teller!!!! i am in central california, the heart land of ag. to be specific, i am in madera, its about 2.5 hours away from san jose. not a far drive, but if you know someone here in the central valley please let me know.

thanks mike

dont forget! collect proof sets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

OK, here's one in Sacramento. 5 star coin dealer:

John McIntosh

McIntosh Collectibles

4120 El Camino Ave

Sacramento, Ca 95821

916 481 0478

Sells US coins 65% raw, 35% slabbed.

Specializes in better dates and collector coins

One owner, deal with the boss

Attends most west coast coin shows.

Has office, no store front.

Truly a nice person, very friendly, aim to please.

Supports want lists actively

One of the better collector dealers in CA

TRUTH