• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin values changing after certification

4 posts in this topic

I was just wondering... I just sent some coins for certification and was given a figure for the amount of shipping insurance based on what I think the coins are worth. What if the coins values increase after they've been graded and slabbed? Will I need to pay more money for the difference in insurance cost based on NGC's new values? Will I be billed or asked to pay before shipping or is this something I don't even need to worry about? I have no problem with it either way, just wondering...

Thank you... Chip

Hi,

If the coin values are significantly over what the stated value where, then you would be charged at the tier level of what the coin is actually valued at.

Thanks,

Hi Andrew

I think he was talking about the insurance. I would also like to know about the insurance. If I sent in 5 coins that I paid $100 for each and used $500 your online would charge for return S&H for $15.20. But if the coins graded higher and the value would be $200 each for a total of $1000 would NGC insure the $500 value or the $1000 which would cost more to ship them back?

Larry

Hi,

I should have also specified that my comment also refers to coin insurance levels Larry, thanks for mentioning that. In your example given, no, we would not bill you for the additional insurance cost, however, if your talking a $100 coin that after grading is at a $1000 bid level, then yes, we would pass on the accurate insurance cost to properly insure the package back to the customer. But to be frank about things, no, we are not going to nickel and dime you(pun intended headbang.gif ) if your insurance is a bit low, that's not how we operate.

Thanks,