• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

are there more introverts in coin collecting than extroverts?

19 posts in this topic

This is just an idea I was thinking of. Does coin collecting since it is a more personal activity attract more introverts than extroverts? Since the general population is 25 percent introverted and 70 percent extroverted I would assume it would be easy to see a trend.

Here is a definition of the two link

Judging from the responses I've read on these boards over the last year, I would say that most coin collectors are JUST PLAIN CRAZY!.........STARK RAVING MAD!........LUNATICS!..........YOU KNOW...........REALLY NICE PEOPLE!

But, if 70% are extroverts and 25% are introverts, how would you classify the remaining 5% like Victor & Hayden? hi.gif

I consider myself an extrovert, but that is because I've spent alot of time in pool rooms over the last 50 years. When I used to gamble (regularly and heavily), it was important to make friends quickly whenever you went into another town full of strangers.

Chris

IMHO, Collectors (not dealers) tend to be more introvertive. This is just an observation from (40) years of attending coin shows.

May I ask what things have you noticed that would make you come to this conclusion?

Also I just realized that the article I linked to said introverted folks do hobbies foreheadslap.gif

i really do not know intro or extro but i do know that all/most all coin collecters and coin sellers are a bunch of rat cheap mother grabbers always looking for something for nothing and wanting to pay as close to nothing as possible and on the selling side they want to screw anyone and everyone any/every chance they gets devil.gif

i really do not know intro or extro but i do know that all/most all coin collecters and coin sellers are a bunch of rat cheap mother grabbers always looking for something for nothing and wanting to pay as close to nothing as possible and on the selling side they want to screw anyone and everyone any/every chance they gets devil.gif

Geez, Michael, don't be so kind with your words! If that is the case, what must you think of used car salesmen.........er......excuse me........salespeople? What about politicians?

Chris

Sticks & stones . . . 893naughty-thumb.gif Maybe collectors wouldn't act like "cheap mother grabbers" if sellers weren't looking "to screw anyone and everyone any/every chance they gets." Or, maybe it's the other way around.

. . . Or, maybe Michael is just an instigator. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sticks & stones . . . 893naughty-thumb.gif Maybe collectors wouldn't act like "cheap mother grabbers" if sellers weren't looking "to screw anyone and everyone any/every chance they gets." Or, maybe it's the other way around.

. . . Or, maybe Michael is just an instigator. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think Michael included himself in this statement,hence the devil.gif

wink.gif

Judging from the responses I've read on these boards over the last year, I would say that most coin collectors are JUST PLAIN CRAZY!.........STARK RAVING MAD!........LUNATICS!..........YOU KNOW...........REALLY NICE PEOPLE!

Chris, I've never thought of you as being quite that bad.

But, if 70% are extroverts and 25% are introverts, how would you classify the remaining 5% like Victor & Hayden? hi.gif

Numismatic Nuts™

I consider myself an extrovert, but that is because I've spent alot of time in pool rooms over the last 50 years. When I used to gamble (regularly and heavily), it was important to make friends quickly whenever you went into another town full of strangers.

Chris

From one extrovert to another.... stooges.gif

Hayden

Chris

I'm a childhood introvert who has converted to an extrovert, you pervert. tongue.gif

Studies show that most collectors are introverted at heart. However, that personality may change somewhat due to their job, etc.

I would really suck as an x-ray tech if I were introverted on the job but I'm still somewhat reclusive and introverted at home.

Chris

I'm a childhood introvert who has converted to an extrovert, you pervert. tongue.gif

Pervert,the other 1%...oh Chris tongue.gif

Studies show that most collectors are introverted at heart. However, that personality may change somewhat due to their job, etc.

I would really suck as an x-ray tech if I were introverted on the job but I'm still somewhat reclusive and introverted at home.

Hey midwest----great question! Definite introvert here. I was always great with patients----one on one and with me being in control. But I hate parties and crowds and cities. I will not fly and I hate to travel. I guess I am bordering on the "hermit" type---which is why I live in the rural woods I guess. I cannot see a neighbor's house from my home. My kids and wife are not like me at all. They love to travel---but they also do love their privacy and our woods. So I guess a lot of me is there too. My son and I make it to the Baltimore Show about every other year. What an adventure to be away from home. I hate sidewalks and tall buildings too. Worst of all is traffic---I avoid it like the plague. Bob [supertooth]

Numismatic Nuts™

Hayden

That is very appropriate..............so I'll start calling you............ NUM NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris

Most collectors that I know are more quiet, reflective people who tend to keep their thoughts private. I have belonged to several coin clubs over the years and most members seemed pretty quiet. Compare how low the posting rate on this board is versus comic or card collectors! Of course it is always dangerous to generalize about any population of people, because we all are, in some way exceptions to the rule.

Hey midwest----great question! Definite introvert here. I was always great with patients----one on one and with me being in control. But I hate parties and crowds and cities. I will not fly and I hate to travel. I guess I am bordering on the "hermit" type---which is why I live in the rural woods I guess. I cannot see a neighbor's house from my home. My kids and wife are not like me at all. They love to travel---but they also do love their privacy and our woods. Bob [supertooth]

Sounds like my kind of place! Way to go, Bob. thumbsup2.gif

Hey midwest----great question! Definite introvert here. I was always great with patients----one on one and with me being in control. But I hate parties and crowds and cities. I will not fly and I hate to travel. I guess I am bordering on the "hermit" type---which is why I live in the rural woods I guess. I cannot see a neighbor's house from my home. My kids and wife are not like me at all. They love to travel---but they also do love their privacy and our woods. Bob [supertooth]

Sounds like my kind of place! Way to go, Bob. thumbsup2.gif

sounds nice cloud9.gif

Also I found an article that just seems to fit with this thread. Since this is an internet forum and all. link