• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pretty rear end

35 posts in this topic

Proof 1879, right?

Nope. Skippy, you know I don't include proofs in my collection. 893naughty-thumb.gifwink.gif It's a business strike 1879 5c with frosty luster underlying thick golden toning. grin.gif

wow chinook i love that rear end extremely vibrant and technically superb gem matte proof and the blue coloration with that lightining bolt going down the left side is utterly superb!!

5 stars for

technical almost perfection grade

vibrancy which is key to toned proofs especially so copper

monster color this is also key and blue is the monster of all monsters for copper!!

you gots it all 893applaud-thumb.gifcloud9.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Absolutely wonderful coins, especially that first matte proof Lincoln! hail.gif Here's one that might surprise folks somewhat for me to own. It is my only Morgan and the obverse is a monster.

600_Copy_2_of_new-220.jpg

Absolutely wonderful coins, especially that first matte proof Lincoln! hail.gif Here's one that might surprise folks somewhat for me to own. It is my only Morgan and the obverse is a monster.

600_Copy_2_of_new-220.jpg

Is it really dark,or is just the lighting? Perhaps you might just want to share the obverse? insane.gif

-Hayden

Proof 1879, right?

Nope. Skippy, you know I don't include proofs in my collection. 893naughty-thumb.gifwink.gif It's a business strike 1879 5c with frosty luster underlying thick golden toning. grin.gif

IGWT, that photo sure makes it look like a proof! Extremely sharp devices, including the denticles, and the fields look dark like they are mirrored.

You set your camera to trick me. grin.gif

Just to be contrarian, here's a post of a pretty (ugly!) rear end.

Not only that, this is as good as this coin ever comes (Revolutionary Mexican Sinaloa sand cast peso, GB-406).

Sinaloa-GB406r.jpg

Tom -- Is that phlegm I see? tongue.gif Here's a proof: J-561

From the guy who doesn't include proofs in his collection, no less. insane.gif

You know what I meant . . . patterns qualify as an exception to the rule. flowerred.gif

Not only that, this is as good as this coin ever comes (Revolutionary Mexican Sinaloa sand cast peso, GB-406).

Different standards should be applied to different issues of the same series even when applying solely technical grading. For example, O mint Morgan dollars can almost never be expected to have the same full strike as a P mint Morgan. If a coin always comes weakly struck that should be taken into account.

So . . . MS-70 for the peso confused-smiley-013.gif. Sorry, I'm sign-offtopic.gif Back to pretty rear ends.

Different standards should be applied to different issues of the same series even when applying solely technical grading. For example, O mint Morgan dollars can almost never be expected to have the same full strike as a P mint Morgan. If a coin always comes weakly struck that should be taken into account.

So . . . MS-70 for the peso confused-smiley-013.gif. Sorry, I'm sign-offtopic.gif Back to pretty rear ends.

Nah, no MS-70 for the peso. This is not a U.S. coin, nobody gets worked up over the grade. In fact, I don't think anybody ever bothers to try assigning any grade to these.

And it is a "pretty rear end" for a Sinaloa peso. As pretty as they get. On some, you can't even see any of the design from which it was cast.