• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In Capsules or Not

2 posts in this topic

I was submitting my first group of coins to NGC online today and it said to send them in a coin flip only. If they were in a capsule, they would charge $1 to take them out. Then I saw the Special for the two Marine Dollars and it said to leave them in the original plastic capsules. It would protect the coins in transit. I will soon be sending a lot of Commemoratives to be graded. Should I leave them in the original plastic capsules or buy coin flips? I agree that it would help protect the coin in transit. How should I send them? confused.gif

Hi,

The Marine Corps promo does not include the $1 fee you mentioned for removing from the original capsules. I recommend sending any future modern commems in the original capsule and consider the $1 charge well spent, I am constantly seeing either modern commems sent in soft PVC flips come in that have haze issues from the flips, or mishandling from either transferring from the capsule to a flip and hairline scratches or light abrasions. If you do prefer to send in flips, be absolutely sure they are non-PVC hard flips, and for $1 Commems and Silver Eagles, I recommend if flipped that they be sent in the larger 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" size flips.

Thanks,