• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HK 20

2 posts in this topic

NGC,

I have an HK 20 American Centennial Silver Medal that has nice detail but is hairlined on both surfaces. It still have nice eye-appeal and I would like to have it slabbed in the multiholder with its bronze and gilded medal counterparts but I am afraid that it would be bodybagged. What is your stance?

What is your submission policy? Would the three medals still have to be graded separately and then resubmitted for a multi-holder? Can one submit it with one submission order with other single submissions or is there a separate submission form for this service?

Thanks.

Hi,

I am posting this for Brian Silliman, our resident token and medal expert:

Unfortunately, a lot of the Centennial medals have been cleaned. Some can still just barely make it into an NGC holder, but all to often the cleaning has impaired the surface beyond what is consider market acceptable for an NGC holder. Since a set is to be made, I would recommend, sending in the pieces for individual holders to see how they all come out. Then better pieces can be sought out so that the set consists of the three best specimens available, perhaps even a same grade set could be made.

I would also like to add that a submission of raw coins can certainly be sent in with the request to holder the coins in a multi-holder, assuming of course that they all are gradeable coins and should be calculated at the same rate as if sending in for individual holders and grading.

Thanks,