• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prettiest '09-S VDB I've ever seen

13 posts in this topic

That is an astounding coin. I love copper with a blend of those blue and magenta overtones. Looks like a thoroughly original coin, with eye-appeal that goes well beyond the dipped-out pinkish so-called "RD" color seen on a lot of copper these days.

James

It looks like a nice coin, but the picture is a bit dark to truly see the colors as they describe them. A pre-auction guesstimate of $5k seems a tad conservative to me, but I don't follow the '09-S VDB at all.

Hoot, why don't you buy it and then crack it out and DIP IT so that it's a pretty pink color? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hoot, why don't you buy it and then crack it out and DIP IT so that it's a pretty pink color? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I can help! devil.gif

Based on the picture I don't really like this coin. I had a red/brown at one time I like better than this one. Maybe it's just the photo... confused-smiley-013.gif

jom

In picture or in person, this one beats them all...

Only wish I had the 4 or 5 grand it'd take - or have I underestimated??? blush.gif

Hoot

It truly looks like a nice coin. I'll never get my mind wrapped around spending that much money on a coin though. At $10 a hour, it would take me quite awhile to earn enough for this coin. Some people have too much money, I guess.

What makes this coin so special? Explain to a newbie to spending half a year's pay on one coin. ;o)

Jonathan

Hoot - those colors might look good on a nickel, but not really on a Lincoln. wink.gif

I'm just an old toned copper freak, what can I say? smirk.gif (Just ask Greg and James. wink.gif)

Hoot

Hoot - those colors might look good on a nickel, but not really on a Lincoln. wink.gif

I'm just an old toned copper freak, what can I say? smirk.gif (Just ask Greg and James. wink.gif)

Hoot

Well, since you asked, you can remove "toned copper" from that sentence and it will still hold true. hi.gifpoke2.gifdevil.gifyay.gif

Now speaking of old toned copper, did you see the Uruguay that James has on eBay 893whatthe.gif

Hoot

Well, since you asked, you can remove "toned copper" from that sentence and it will still hold true. hi.gifpoke2.gifdevil.gifyay.gif

Now speaking of old toned copper, did you see the Uruguay that James has on eBay 893whatthe.gif

Thanks Greg. smirk.gif And to think, I've never mentioned those old Iraqi and Afganastan coins you helped smuggle into the country. tonofbricks.gif