• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My new barber dime

17 posts in this topic

Actually the closer I examined the date it looks more like an overdate or RPD or something.

Could you post some close-ups?I may be able to attribute it for you.

Nice coin BTW,64?

No, it's a 65. Here is a close up. Thanks for any help! smile.gif

1898-Barber-Dime-ObvClose.jpg

It doesn't apear to be listed in my book: The Authorative Reference on Barber Dimes by Kevin Flynn. Perhaps a new variety,I'm no expert so maybe someone else might know more...Is it just the last 8 that is repunched?

It would be cool if it was a new variety. I think I'm liking the barber dime series. I may start getting a few more after I get a few more bust halves.

It would be cool if it was a new variety. I think I'm liking the barber dime series. I may start getting a few more after I get a few more bust halves.

If you could get them that nice.... It would be dumb(I think) not to chase more smile.gif Superb pick-up! Letse see some of these halves!

It's in a 50 slab and I think it's right on. There is definitely some mild luster left in the protected areas and slight wear. If the luster was a bit stronger it'd be a lock 55. But I do like the originality.

It's in a 50 slab and I think it's right on. There is definitely some mild luster left in the protected areas and slight wear. If the luster was a bit stronger it'd be a lock 55. But I do like the originality.

send it to me for a dip! insane.gif

send it to me for a dip! insane.gif

Nah, I think she'd rather have a peticure. smile.gif