• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got Gold?

8 posts in this topic

It's been moving pretty strongly lately, ever since a reported meeting on Sept. 15 between the heads of derivatives trading for the major investment banks and the Federal Reserve in Washington, held to "discuss bookkeeping" on derivatives. That seemed a little suspect to me, but since that time, gold is up almost $25, hitting $468.80 today. I know I am jinxing it though, since once we discuss it on the boards, gold usually quickly reverses course! foreheadslap.gif

gold will be strong for a short while and most likely drop after october or thereabouts but it will not stop the enevitaBLE RISE

maybe i am right or wrong so this is why you buy great value opportunity numismatic gold coinage from the usa!!

and also ms63 64 saints nice looking ones pcgs/ngc/anx that make the grade

Gold in the auctions has been off a little in pricing. I suspect, in part, due to the inflated grades on many slabs. The early dates and higher graded scarce issues seem to be holding better.

gold gold!!!!!!!!!!!!

the good coins are in storng hands especially the eye appealling correctly graded scarce issues

the overgraded rat ugly eye appeal stuff the sellers want too much monrey for it can sell but at what the coins eye appeal and grade is not what the holder says

so in a sence all the gold is strong

but if you got many scarcer date played with ugly coins you cant ask more than market for them even if the slab says they are high priced

honda civic and accord are great looking and even better value cars the best of the best in new cars and used to boot!!

but if you ask 50k for every civic and accord you will not even sell one even though they are great vehicles

Went to the Long Beach Show today and my worst fears were realized! 893whatthe.gif

At the San Francisco ANA you could get decent to good looking common date Saints in 64 at around $640 or so. Today, good luck finding an average 64 for less than $800!! That's a 25% jump from 2 months ago! I knew I should've loaded up then confused.gif!

Yeah, I'm still kicking myself for selling the doubles I bought for $600 each, of course I only paid about $400 each for them, so it seemed like a good deal at the time!

Yeah, I dumped a couple of Indian Eagles yesterday....I couldn't believe I actually MADE money of those.

That's twice in the last couple of years I was lucky to sell gold during one of these run-ups. It won't last (it never does) but who cares? And it wasn't as if I was watching the market or whatever....weird timing I guess... cloud9.gif

jom