• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FSH: Mid-Grade Barber Halves, Semi-Key AU Morgans and Wonderfully Toned British

2 posts in this topic

All coins listed here are for sale only on the NGC and PCGS boards and it is not planned to offer them on ebay. Should any coins not sell from these venues they will likely be sold at shows and not offered by me again. All coins also come with a full fourteen-day return privilege and will be shipped fully insured. I am a Life Member of the ANA and JRCS, a Founding Member of the TCCS and a Member of the ANS and BCCS.

The Barber half-dollars and the British six pence are original coins. Both Barber halves had at one time resided in my half dollar collection but have since been replaced by newer purchases. The 1896 Barber half is a much tougher date that those who do not chase these coins might not appreciate. This coin is totally original with good patina, deeper color on the reverse and the rims are also quite gunky. All letters of LIBERTY are fairly easily legible with LI…TY complete and BER approximately one-half complete. The laurel wreath detail above the ear is a little weaker than I would like on an F12, but the letters of LIBERTY and overall originality of the coin dictate an F12 grade as the one most likely should the coin be slabbed, which is something that I think is not needed for this piece. The 1907-O is a coin that is widely found with a terrible strike due to what has been called the mumps. Thankfully, that isn’t the case with the present example as the coin has decent detail throughout and a complete LIBERTY in the headband. The reverse of the coin is VF25 or better while the obverse is VF20 or slightly nicer. This coin has an even, light grey appearance.

1896 Barber Half ON HOLD

new-4.jpg

new-31.jpg

1907-O Barber Half ON HOLD

new-2.jpg

new-1.jpg

The British six pence is just a really cool coin. I look at this coin, about the size of a Barber dime, and think about what it would cost to get a US piece of this age, in this grade and with this look. It is amazing how little this coin costs when looked at in that light. The images don’t show the color as well as I would have wanted as the coin is a medium to deep robin’s egg blue with some violet highlights in the portrait. The reverse is splendidly framed by blue that matches the obverse and the center portion is a warm honey gold.

1902 NGC MS66 British Six Pence $175

DSC_0013_2a.jpg

DSC_0014_2a.jpg

Those of you who know me may be surprised that I have some semi-key Morgans in AU for sale, however, these coins belong to some friends of mine and I am merely listing them at their ask prices. All of these pieces came from a collection of Morgan dollars assembled in the 1960s through either circulation or through banks. They are all completely original and look just the way they should for their level of wear and age. The prices for these coins are inline with, or slightly below, the levels that they have sold for in Heritage auction listings. The coins are being sold without commission so you are paying no markup for me listing them.

1883-S NGC AU58 $275

83SAU58Obv.jpg

83SAU58Rev.jpg

1884-S NGC AU53 ON HOLD

84SAU53Obv.jpg

84SAU53Rev.jpg

1884-S NGC AU55 $350

84SAU55ObvA.jpg

84SAU55RevA.jpg

1884-S NGC AU55 $350

84SAU55ObvB.jpg

84SAU55RevB.jpg