• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you like to see my CC Die Clash????

8 posts in this topic

The mail man played santa and delivered my GSA 1882 Morgan CC yesterday and boy did it end up being a surprise!!! I didnt see it at 1st untill I broke out the loop and Vam Bible and started looking at the coin. I was looking at the date and mint mark and comparing them to my book when I decided to scan the coin with the loop to learn more about her. The 1st thing I spotted was a die crack, well at 1st I thought it was a scratch untill I fliped the coin over and it was on the other side grin.gif I started looking for more die cracks when I spotted something odd on the back of her head. At 1st I didnt know what I was looking at but then it hit me like a tonofbricks.gif Its a die clash!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is my 1st die clash and cracks.

How common is this for a Carson City coin?

David

926704-MVC-1882CL.JPG.14752a8f1e2ee3f63e11f6cb43f46a51.JPG

Clashes are common and can be found from every mint. But when the coin is clashed really hard, some really cool things happen smile.gif Just a clash isn't a VAM, but when it's nice and hard, you might get something like this....

1886-o.jpg

b3fa0b10.jpg

Check her neck, if she has that little curved line there, that's an "n" and she is indeed a VAM cloud9.gif

b00260bb.jpg