• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are some good CHEAP cameras for taking coin photos?

6 posts in this topic

Ok first this is my 1,000th post takeit.gif . I hope I will be here for at least 1,000 more and they willl actually be somewhat helpfull grin.gif . I was going to post some semi-recent new purchases but the photos well... stunk. Therefore I decided this post would make more sense and actually be somewhat educational.

Anyway what is a low priced digital camera that is good at taking pictures of coins? I don't care how old it is it just needs to take good pics of coins only.

Also What is the best lighting for coin pictures?

bananadead.gifTbananadead.gifrbananadead.gifabananadead.gifvbananadead.gifibananadead.gifsbananadead.gif

Travis,

You're wierd... yeahok.gif

That said... grin.gif

I own a Nikon 5600 that I use to take all my coin pictures.I paid $250 for it and it has a great macro lense and can take pics in up to 5.1 MPs so I can take large closeups of varieties and all as well.I bought a copystand for it($35 delivered if I recall,you need to get this as your pics will be terrible if you have to hold the camera) Everyone will tell you that OTT-Lites are best for coin photography and I couldn't agree more.I have two right now and just bought another for total surround lighting.I bought the adjustable ones and paid about $50ea.

As to the camera there is a 4500 that is the same as the 5600 in all regards except it has a 4.1 MP resolution.You'd do fine with this and would be able to pick one up for $175 if you can catch a sale,if not it's $199.

Hope that helps...

-Hayden

As to the camera there is a 4500 that is the same as the 5600 in all regards except it has a 4.1 MP resolution.You'd do fine with this and would be able to pick one up for $175 if you can catch a sale,if not it's $199.

Hope that helps...

-Hayden

Office Depot has it at $199 In-store with a $50 mail in rebate right now. grin.gif

Ok I did some reasearch and I think I have made up my mind acclaim.gif

I am thinking of buying a used Nikon Coolpix 885 takeit.gif

Anyway does anyone here have any expierence using this camera 893scratchchin-thumb.gif