• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recent crossover success with PCGS

35 posts in this topic

"Honestly, I thought he/they did a lousy job. I think that PCG$ was just handing out the PR69 grade without looking at the coins"

PR70's a rip off grade and 68's I can't break even on. So he was alright with me grin.gif 15 out of 19 modern proofs I submitted came back 69 and they were all 68-70's IMHO. At least everyone got the same treatment. Now that they're giving out PR70's again, mainly to their buddies who get coins walked back into the grading room by DH personally, I can't compete. Which is the exact position they want collectors in... and they expect me to pay $99/year for the privilege too. I don't think so!

PR70's a rip off grade and 68's I can't break even on.

Same here. However, they've pumped out some many PR69s that it's hard to break even on may. I recently had a 200-300 modern proofs that I was going to send in to be graded. They were in the flips and were going to go in. In the end I figured that I didn't want to put up with the BS games, the poor grading, the damaging of my coins, and all the other junk just to make a few dollars. I ended up dumping the coins. It's jusy not worth it. Maybe if I was 'buddies' with DH and I could get some sort of special deal that he denies exists, then I could make money on them.

Now that they're giving out PR70's again

'Talk' is that they have stopped giving out the PR70s or tightened the standard yet again.

The PR70's are a joke. You can easily get one out of PCGS on a West Point commemorative $, but have to be related to DH to get a Gold Eagle graded PR70. Just check the pop reports. It becomes painfully obvious the quality of the coin doesn't matter as much as playing stupid grading games. I've got better things to do shocked.gif

HRH says they are desperately looking for "qualified graders" to help out as they don't want to use "apprentices" to grade our coins.

Maybe they could acquire ACG. That would at least contribute to consistency on the high end. And hey, you could bring that economy turnaround time back to well within 75 days.

I liked the way David Hall said he was too busy doing presidential things to go back to grading. Perhaps if he spent less time running the company into the ground, less time on the forums lying and insulting the customers, less time destroying stock value, and less time being an all around abusive jerk, he could spend it in the grading room and move coins along a little faster.