• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC grading tags and census

3 posts in this topic

I have some grading tags that I would like to submit to help improve the accuracy population reports. Where do I send them?

The population reports are a mess. Does NGC have any interest in trying to improve the accuracy? Or is the situation too out of hand to do anything about it?

Also, with the pricing information added, it is extremely difficult to view the pages. Try finding the population of 1861-D $5's in AU-50. You have to move the screen up and down and side to side to zero in on the number.

Hi,

The Grading Tags may be sent to our address below:

Numismatic Guaranty Corporation of America

P.O. Box 4776

Sarasota, FL 34230

To address the population report accuracy, we continue to update them and delete as they are sent in. There are many reasons as to why they will never be 100% accurate, including lost or destroyed tags, and simply people not willing, or for any other imaginable reason that do not send them in for removal from the report. There is no absolute reason or answer to give you that will solve why all of the tags are not returned, but I certainly don't feel that we have given up on what the population reports' main objective is, which is to serve as a tool to assist in determining the relative survival rate for a particular coin and grade. They are not and should not be looked upon as an absolute determination, and should be used alongside other information and literature to help determine relative scarcity/rarity.

Thanks,