• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Registry printing

2 posts in this topic

I just printed my Buffalo Nickle registry set and the printer did not incude the "Coin grade", "graded by" and "score". Why do you suppose that happened?

Twowood confused.gif

Printing web pages can be tedious at times crazy.gif. My first guess would be that your web browser's page setup margins are wide enough that the browser is truncating the web page's right edge during printing.

Assuming you're running Microsoft Internet Explorer (a potentially erroneous assumption, but humor me), try using the browser's File | Print Preview... command to view the proposed output. The preview will display the same truncation if the margins are to blame.

If the output is clipped in preview, then use the browser's File | Page Setup... command to adjust the print margins. When in preview, you can use the little paper/gear shortcut icon in the toolbar to invoke Page Setup. It looks like this:

140005-Page%20Setup.JPG

Assuming you're using an inkjet or laser printer, I recommend setting all margins to 1/4" (0.25"). This is the printable edge limit of some laser printers, but most are capable of printing at least that close to the paper's edges.

Now revisit Print Preview, and your page should look more like it does in the browser, with minimal or no truncation at the right edge.

Print that baby, and you should be all set!

Good luck,

Beijim

P.S. This info pertains to Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 6.x running on Windows XP. Your mileage may vary, but all current browsers have similar print setup features regardless of platform.

589a8adb68e15_140005-PageSetup.JPG.ab7cafbd183d7078463303da5e687a83.JPG